Monday, July 04, 2005

**MOJO** - Holiday Day 1

A Happy Independence Day to all as the Sox head out to Texas to play the Rangers. With a loss yesterday, I set to work thinking of an appropriate patriotic theme for today's game. I had several ideas, but something has been bugging me about the past week, which saw the Sox lose consecutive series at home. It has felt like despite my best efforts, I couldn't quite put bad mojo away. To use a baseball analogy, it was like I was making some great pitches but bad mojo kept fouling them away. Simply put, bad mojo is just a little too comfortable at the plate right now. So naturally, you do something bad mojo isn't expecting and brush it back off the plate.

Today's mojo is Thanksgiving Mojo, first in what hopes to be several in the new theme "Holidays that aren't Independence Day".



It's time for some turkey and pumpkin pie, as we give thanks for the many things we are blessed with:
  • Thank you Red Sox for the inhumanly good bats of David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez. Every time they step into the box you just feel like good things are going to happen.
  • Thank you for one of the best values at SP in the game in Wade Miller. I really like watching this guy pitch, he has some great stuff. And he's so cheap!
  • Thank you for the balls out defense of Trot and Johnny Damon in the outfield. You just get the feeling that Trot takes every hit to RF personally.
  • Thank you for Wally, I just love that guy. And even though we are away, thanks for Kelly too.
  • Thanks for the comedy stylings of Dan Roache. I still laugh a little every time I look at the clock and see it is "tooth hurty".

That's enough for me. Join in on today's mojo yourself and add in your own thanks on this fantastic Turkey/Independence Day. Maybe you could roast some turkey legs on the grill for some good mojo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Empyreal said...

In honor of Roachie, here is my favorite joke (a two-parter):

Q: Why did the bird fall out of the tree?
A: It was dead.

Q: Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?
Usually the person says, "Because it was dead, too?" and I get to say:
A: No. Because it was stapled to the bird.

As for mojo, I am also reminded of my favorite Thanksgiving scene a movie, from "Addams Family Values."

Wednesday: Wait, we can not break bread with you. You have taken the land which is rightfully ours. Years from now my people will be forced to live in mobile homes on reservations. Your people will wear cardigans, and drink highballs. We will sell our bracelets by the road sides, and you will play golf, and eat hot h'ors d'oeurves. My people will have pain and degradation. Your people will have stickshifts. The gods of my tribe have spoken. They said do not trust the pilgrims, especially Sarah Miller. And for all of these reasons I have decided to scalp you and burn your village to the ground.

9:37 PM, July 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home